Alert – U. S. Embassy Niamey (August 17, 2022)
Location: RN6 highway west of Niamey
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Niamey advises U.S. citizens of an increase in terrorist activity in areas closer to Niamey following two recent attacks along RN6 highway west of the capital.
U.S. Embassy personnel may move freely within most of Niamey’s city limits (péage). However, security escorts are required for embassy personnel when frequenting La Pilule riverfront area, dining at le Sloughi Restaurant, and visiting Three Sisters recreational area.
- Review your personal security plans
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Always carry a radio and/or cell phone
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/westerners
- Refer to the Niger Travel Advisory dated April 20, 2022 for additional information
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter