U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
Routine Message for U.S. Citizens: Consular Section Closed July 11-22
June 27, 2016
The Embassy would like to inform U.S. citizens that the Consular Section will be closed to the public from July 11 – 22, 2016. Emergency services for U.S. Citizens will still be available, but the Embassy will not offer visa appointments or non-emergency American Citizen Services appointments. Non-emergency services include passport renewals, Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications, and notarial services. Persons seeking emergency services may contact the American Citizens Services Unit in Niamey at +22.214.171.124.61 Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, and Fridays from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. After hours, please call +126.96.36.199.66. The Consular Section will reopen on Monday, July 25.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Niger.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Embassy in Niamey, Rue des Ambassades, Niamey, Niger, at +227-20-72-26-61, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +227-99-49-90-66.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.