Location: Niamey, starting at Place Tourne and ending at the National Assembly (map provided below)
Event: Nigérien authorities report a plan for a peaceful demonstration and march
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2022 from about 0830 am to 1230 pm.
We remind you to exercise caution as large crowds (due to demonstrations, protests, commemorations, manifestations, etc.) can occur suddenly, anywhere throughout the city. If you see a crowd forming, do not drive through it; depart the area for a safer location.
The U.S. Embassy will review the security situation and provide additional information, as appropriate.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstrations
- Review your personal security plans
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Always carry a radio and/or cell phone
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/westerners
- Monitor local media for updates
- Refer to the Niger Travel Advisory dated April 20, 2022 for additional information
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444