Health Alert: Repatriation Flight Booked – U.S. Embassy Niger (March 30, 2020)
Location: Niamey, Niger
Event: During this time of global response to COVID-19, U.S. Embassy Niamey is prioritizing assistance to American citizens. With the suspension of commercial air service in Niger, U.S. Embassy Niamey has worked with the Government of Niger to allow a repatriation flight to the United States, departing Tuesday, March 31 to Washington, D.C. Seating is fully booked at this time. Confirmation emails to those granted access to the flight have already been sent from the Embassy. At this time, we are not able to include additional passengers on the flight. Only persons who received email confirmations will be allowed boarding on Tuesday.
Staff members at U.S. Embassy Niamey are currently exploring additional future flight options. The Embassy will keep you informed if anything becomes available.
Actions to Take:
- Abide by the curfew and stay indoors between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., if in Niamey.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Niger.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)