Health Alert: Repatriation Flight Fully Booked – U.S. Embassy Niger (April 8, 2020)
Location: Niamey, Niger
Event: With the suspension of commercial air service in Niger, U.S. Embassy Niamey has worked with the Government of Niger to allow a second repatriation flight to the United States, departing Friday, April 10 to Washington, D.C. Seating is currently fully booked. Confirmation e-mails to those granted access to the flight have already been sent from the Embassy. At this time, we are not able to include additional passengers on the flight. Only travelers who received e-mail confirmations will be allowed boarding on Friday.
On March 27, Niger’s Civil Aviation Authority announced a two-week extension (until April 17) of the international airport’s closure to commercial traffic.
As of April 8, the Nigerien Ministry of Public Health has confirmed 278 cases of COVID-19 in Niger.
Actions to Take:
- Abide by the curfew and stay indoors between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., if in Niamey.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification.
- Consult the CDC websitefor the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.govfor the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Niger.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444