Health Alert: Repatriation Flight – U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger (April 3, 2020)
Event: The Department of State is organizing a second repatriation flight for U.S. citizens to the United States. The flight could possibly depart Niger on Wednesday, April 8 to Washington, DC. Last minute changes may occur, please monitor your emails.
Private U.S. citizens seeking to depart on this flight are required to sign a promissory note for $2,000 per seat and will be billed at a later date by the Department of State in Washington, DC. All travelers are responsible for making their own onward flight arrangements. The U.S. Embassy is awaiting many details about this flight, including the number of seats available.
There is no guarantee that U.S. Embassy Niamey will be able to secure additional repatriation flights after this one.
If you have already submitted your information to the Consular Section, there is no need to send it again.
Please send an email to NiameyACS@state.gov with the subject line “Return Travel to the U.S.” Include the following information for each U.S. citizen or U.S. legal permanent resident guardian accompanying minor children in your family or group:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Citizenship (only for Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S.)
- Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
- Current location
- Desired onward destination in the U.S.
- Special circumstances (including any medical or special assistance needs)
Please note that no pets will be permitted on the flight and that checked baggage will likely be limited to a total of 50 pounds per passenger. Please let us know immediately at NiameyACS@state.gov, if you are interested on departing on this flight. If you have already expressed interest to the Consular Section, you do not need to send another email to us. We will contact you when the flight is arranged, and you are confirmed for a seat. Unless you receive an e-mail from the U.S. Embassy in Niamey confirming your flight, please DO NOT come to the Embassy or go to the airport in Niamey.
Individuals on this transport may be subject to CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
Actions to Take:
- Send your repatriation request to NiameyACS@state.gov
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)