Event: With the suspension of commercial air service in Niger due to COVID-19, U.S. Embassy Niamey has worked with the Government of Niger to allow a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. lawful permanent residents to the United States. The flight is currently scheduled to depart from Niamey, Niger to Washington, DC on Wednesday, April 29. The approximate cost of this flight is $1,700; a promissory note will be required from all passengers.
Confirmation e-mails to those granted access to the flight have already been sent from the Embassy. At the moment, there are seats still available on this special flight. If you are interested in this flight, immediately send your repatriation request and a copy of your passport to NiameyACS@state.gov.
We do not anticipate arranging any additional repatriation flights after this one. U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who are not interested in immediate return to the United States should be prepared to remain in Niger until quarantine measures are lifted and regular commercial international travel is possible.
Actions to Take:
- Send a copy of your passport and repatriation request to NiameyACS@state.gov.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Niger.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)