Location: Niger (countrywide)
Event: The government of Niger has created a website to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the country. The website is in French only and can be found here. To date, Niger has reported seven cases of COVID-19 and one death.
The U.S. Department of State has issued a Global 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19. U.S. citizens are advised that both routine medical evacuation (medevac) and medically-supported transport (air ambulance) are constrained because of the extreme limitations on air traffic, limitations on entry of patients to countries for medical care, and unexpected delays and logistical challenges.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Niger.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.