Holiday Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger (July 30, 2020)
Event: Eid-al Adha (Tabaski) is on Friday, July 31, 2020, and Niger’s Independence Day is Monday, August 3, 2020. During the extended holiday weekend, the U.S. Embassy in Niger reminds U.S. citizens to remain vigilant and practice increased awareness. Holidays provide increased risk for terrorism and criminal activity. Please exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings during the upcoming holidays.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday events.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use caution when driving at night and avoid walking after dark.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners. Be vigilant around large crowds.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after-hours)