Event: The Department of State is organizing one additional repatriation flight for U.S. citizens to the United States. The flight could possibly depart Niamey, Niger early next week to Washington, DC. Confirm your interest in this flight by replying to this message and sending a copy of your passport to: NiameyACS@state.gov by 5 pm tomorrow, April 22, 2020.
Private U.S. citizens seeking to depart are required to sign a promissory note and will be billed at a later date by the Department of State in Washington, DC. The U.S. Embassy is awaiting many details about this flight, including its confirmation, cost per seat, schedule, and the number of seats available.
We do not anticipate arranging any additional repatriation flights after this one. U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who are not interested in immediate return to the United States should be prepared to remain in Niger until quarantine measures are lifted and regular commercial international travel is possible.
Please reply to this e-mail confirming that you would like to be considered for the flight next week. If you have already submitted your information to : NiameyACS@state.gov, simply confirm that you would like to be on this possible flight before 5 pm on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. If you have not done so, please send the following information for each traveler:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of passport issuance and expiration
- Email address and contact phone number
- Current location
- Desired onward destination in the U.S.
- Special circumstances (including any medical or special assistance needs)
If you have previously applied for a U.S. passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. In an emergency, our embassy can assist with an emergency passport for an adult or a minor. For emergency passport services or questions concerning a pending case, please contact ConsulateNiamey@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Send a copy of your passport and repatriation request to NiameyACS@state.gov.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
Mail to: NiameyACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.