U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
Routine Message for U.S. Citizens:
Update your Contact Information with the Embassy
January 11, 2015
The U.S. Embassy in Niger is in the process of updating contact information of U.S. Citizens visiting or living in Niger in order to improve our communication with U.S. Citizens during emergencies.
We are requesting that all U.S. Citizens who receive this message to respond by sending an email to NiameyACS@state.gov with your full name, the name(s) of your family members who are also in Niger, Nigerien phone number, email address, and your physical address here in Niger.
If you are no longer in Niger, we’d appreciate knowing that as well. If you are only in Niger temporarily, please include the expected date of your departure.
You can also register your presence in Niger in person at the Embassy or online using the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
Thank you for your cooperation.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Niger.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Niamey, Rue des Ambassades, Niamey, Niger, at +227-20-72-26-61, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +227-99-49-90-66.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.