This message is to inform U.S. Citizens that there will be a Town Hall meeting open to all Americans on Thursday, October 27 at 5:00 p.m. at the American Cultural Center located at Rue de la Tapoa in Niamey. This will be an opportunity to discuss recent events and their effect on the current security situation in Niger. U.S. Citizens planning to attend the Town Hall should RSVP to ConsulateNiamey@state.gov. We request that you bring your passport to gain admission to the Town Hall. Embassy employees and EFMs do not need their passports but should bring their badges.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Niger.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Niamey, Rue des Ambassades, Niamey, Niger, at +227-20-72-26-61, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +227-99-49-90-66.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.