Location: Niamey, Niger – “Three Sisters” Hiking Area or Collines Trois Soeurs, east of RN4 and RN6 intersection in Commune V
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Niamey has prohibited U.S. government personnel from all recreational activities in the vicinity of the “Three Sisters” in Niamey without armed escort due to the security situation in the area. U.S. citizens in Niger are encouraged to avoid the area without similar security measures.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have redundant forms of communication.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Niger visa.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
- +227 20 72 26 61
- +227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.