Location: Parc W and Western Tillaberi Bordering Burkina Faso
Event: Due to recent extremist attacks, U.S. Embassy personnel are prohibited from personal travel to the area of western Tillaberi next to the border with Burkina Faso. This includes the border region west of the town of Bolsi in the north to Boumba in the south, and includes the town of La Tapoa and the area of Parc W.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid travel to Niger’s border regions.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current Niger visa.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
Phones: +227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
- Department of State
Website: State Department – Consular Affairs
Phones: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information: Travel Advisory
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter