Location: Niamey, Niger
Event: U.S. Embassy Niamey will resume normal operations (within COVID-19 restrictions) on Thursday, April 1, 2021.
The Kennedy Bridge will be closed on Thursday and Friday due to the Niger Presidential Inauguration on Friday, April 2. There will also be road closures around the Mahatma Gandhi Convention Center. Please exercise caution and plan alternate routes.
The Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Niamey will resume routine American Citizen Services (e.g., passport, CRBA, notarial). All service requests are by appointment only.
The U.S. Embassy is processing limited immigrant visa services in all categories and nonimmigrant visa applications for diplomats (A), officials (G), students and exchange visitors (F, J, M), K1 fiancé visas, and petition-based employment visas.
The Embassy reminds U.S. citizens to remain vigilant and practice increased awareness in Niger. Encourage your American friends and family members in Niger to register at step.state.gov so they can receive Embassy updates.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid crowds.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.