Location: Country-wide, Niger
Event: Holidays in Niger provide increased risk for terrorism and criminal activity. The U.S. Embassy in Niger reminds U.S. citizens that terrorist groups continue to plot attacks throughout the country. Extremists continue to focus on locations such as shopping centers, airports, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, street markets, and other public venues frequented by Westerners. Please exercise caution and be aware of your surroundings during the upcoming holidays.
Actions to Take:
- Reconsider travel to Niger.
- Exercise additional vigilance throughout the holiday season and at holiday events.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Use caution when driving at night and avoid walking after dark.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
+227 20 72 26 61
+227 99 49 90 66 (after hours)
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Niger Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter