The U.S. Embassy in Niamey informs U.S. citizens in Niger that until further notice, U.S. Embassy personnel are prohibited from travelling to or staying at Parc W, the regional national park located on Niger’s border with Burkina Faso and Benin. U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow the same guidance.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Niger and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. U.S. citizens should avoid locations frequented by westerners and where large numbers of people congregate. U.S. citizens are reminded to exercise caution throughout Niger, and maintain vigilance in daily affairs, even when visiting familiar locations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Niger.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Niamey, Rue des Ambassades, Niamey, Niger, at +227-20-72-26-61, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +227-99-49-90-66.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.