U.S. Embassy Niamey, Niger
February 9, 2017
U.S Embassy Niamey informs U.S. citizens the restriction for U.S. Embassy personnel prohibiting travel to Park W are no longer in effect. The Embassy continues to require that all U.S. Embassy personnel stay in hotels with an armed Nigerien security presence.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to review your personal security plans and remain aware of your surroundings, including at local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security and follow instructions of local authorities.
U.S citizens traveling or residing in Niger should review the information and guidance found in the Travel Warning for Niger.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Niger.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Niamey, Rue des Ambassades, Niamey, Niger, at +227-20-72-26-61, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +227-99-49-90-66.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.