To apply for a passport for the first time, you should fill out form DS-11.
Note: If your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago, or if your most recent passport was issued before your 16th birthday, you will need use form DS-11 and apply as if it is your first passport.
In addition to the completed form you will need:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship such as one of the following (only originals or certified copies are acceptable)
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (current or expired);
- U.S. birth certificate that meets the following requirements:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth;
- Lists your full name, date of birth, and place of birth;
- Lists your parents’ full names;
- Shows the date filed with registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth);
- Has the registrar’s signature; and
- Has the seal of the issuing authority;
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad;
- Certificate of Naturalization, or;
- Certificate of Citizenship;
- One of the following forms of identification:
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired);
- Fully-valid U.S. driver’s license;
- Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship;
- Government employee ID (city, county, state or federal);
- S. military ID or military dependent ID, or;
- Valid foreign passport;
- 2 inch by 2 inch (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo not older than 6 months (click here for more detailed photo requirements);
- The fee. The application fee is $165. We are only able to accept cash payments in either US dollars or CFA. You can get comprehensive information on passport fees at the State Department passport site.
All non-emergency services require an appointment. To schedule a passport appointment, please click here.