Renew a Passport

You can use form DS-82 to renew your passport if your current passport:

  • Can be submitted with your application;
  • Is not damaged beyond normal “wear and tear”;
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years;
  • Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order).

If any of the above statements do not apply to you, you will need use form DS-11 and apply as if it is your first passport.

In addition to your completed form you will need:

  • Your most recent passport (or other proof of identity and citizenship);
  • One 2 inch by 2 inch (5 cm x 5 cm) color photo not older than 6 months (click here for more detailed photo requirements);
  • The fee. The basic adult renewal fee is $130. We are only able to accept cash payments in either US dollars or CFA. You can get comprehensive information on passport fees at the State Department passport site.

All non-emergency services require an appointment. To schedule a passport appointment, please click here.